1) Humidity levels above 60%: Signs of mold can begin when indoor humidity is sustained above 60% for weeks at a time. If you…
What Are the Signs of Mold and When Should I Test?
1) Humidity levels above 60%: Signs of mold can begin when indoor humidity is sustained above 60% for weeks at a time. If you suspect trouble, this would be an indication that you would need to contact a professional mold specialist.
2) When you think your home or office is making you sick: When people think their office or home is making them sick and they feel better when away.
3) When thinking about selling your home: Mold testing is recommended so problems can be eliminated before entering an agreement to sale a home. More home buyers are requiring mold testing prior to closing than ever before. Signs of mold can jeopardize a sale.
4) When there is a musty smell: A musty smell is a sign of mold growth. It’s always good to eliminate mold growth in its early stages before it becomes a health problem or a costly remediation project. When selling a home a musty smell can be a turn-off for buyers.
5) After mold remediation/cleaning: Post testing should be done after a space or building has been remediated and cleaned to ensure the remediation company that preformed the work did a thorough job. The company performing the sampling should be independent of the company performing the remediation to ensure no more signs of mold are present.